TLC is Moving!
TLC Meals on Wheels must move. Our home for the past decade in the Ames facility owned by Littleton Public Schools, is being torn down and a new elementary school will be built on the land. There is no luxury of time; we must vacate no later than December 20, 2019 while continuing to provide the vital services our community relies on.
Our New Location
TLC Meals on Wheels has committed to purchase a building at the intersection of South Broadway & Arapahoe Road in Littleton for our new facility. We are leasing the space while raising the funds to buy the property and make necessary renovations and repairs. We will relocate our existing commercial kitchen equipment, have ample room for meal prep and packaging, as well as office and meeting space.
TLC Meals on Wheels hopes to take occupancy of the former Las Delicias restaurant later this year.
The anticipated costs to purchase the building along with renovations, moving and updating our kitchen equipment is $2 million. And time is short to move.
The 6800 square foot new location is more central to our delivery area, with easier access for staff, volunteers and the public. It also offers room for future growth and opportunities as the community ages and need for our service increases.
We are fortunate to have a team of architects, a kitchen designer and a group of sub-contractors who are donating their services. Local governments and foundations are providing some grants but…
Now we ask you to invest in the community by giving today
or call us at 303.798.7642 if you are interested in making a pledge over time.
We must continue our efforts to end senior hunger and isolation in our community.
We must continue our efforts to end senior hunger and isolation in our community
A Very Special Thanks to Our Relocation and Renovation Partners:
- The Mulhern Group – Architecture, Planning, Interiors
- Ricca Design Studio – Kitchen designers that improve the lives of chefs and kitchen staff
- Joe Awad – Re/Max Commercial Real Estate
- Beaver Builders LLC – General Contractors
- Paul Bonin – Pre-construction and Construction Advisor
- RTM Associates – Heating and Plumbing Designers
- HPE Heating and Plumbing Engineers
- Choice Electric
- Heggem-Lundquist Construction – Framing, Drywall & Painting
- Jirsa-Hedrick – Structural Engineers