Volunteer OpportunitiesExperience the many rewards of volunteering!
Why volunteer with TLC Meals on Wheels?
Whether you work in the kitchen preparing meals, deliver meals to our clients, or conduct intakes in the office, your work has an immediate impact on the communities we serve. You can choose to volunteer once a week or once a month, every day, or for a special event. Some of our volunteers are preschool aged, others are in the 90’s; some just started volunteering, others have volunteered for decades.
“It’s the hugs and the wonderful people that keep me driving. I feel so appreciated.”Felice
Please consider one of the following volunteer opportunities:
- Deliver meals and experience firsthand the joy a meal and a visit can bring to someone’s life.
- Approximately 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. one day a week.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on an as needed basis.
- Deliver groceries the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- Prepare and package meals.
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. one morning a week.
- Conduct new client intakes and general office work.
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. one morning a week.
- Coordinate a food drive at work or with your scout or school group.
- Craft, pack and wrap gifts for our annual 12 days of gift program.
- Make holiday themed gifts, such as tray favors or decorative gifts. Please call beforehand for opportunities.
- Help with our Annual Theater Night fundraiser.
Looking for volunteer opportunities for families?
Our clients love children! We welcome young family members to help deliver meals during the week, groceries on the weekend, as well as prepare tray favors for special holidays.
Church, Service Clubs or Corporate Groups
Interested in group volunteer opportunities for your church, service club, or corporate group? Consider adopting a route one day a week, allowing group members to rotate driving from week to week.
Please call us for other small group volunteer opportunities.
Apply To Volunteer
Once you apply, we invite you to come to our facility, complete the required paperwork, and learn more about which volunteer opportunity is right for you! We do require a valid driver’s license and a background check if you want to be a volunteer driver.